Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wanda Jackson! Yes Ma'am!
Right now I'm at work which means there is no better time than now for working on the show, right? That being said I got a bit out of the mindset for rehearsal (too much of that Zep-Head BF this weekend, but I did put some serious character study into tongue kissing (much to his dismay I also practiced singing and tonguing)) and in order to get back I've been rocking out to some killer chtunes this morning.
Of course there's Buddy Holly and Elvis, complimented by Janis Martin (billed as The Female Elvis), Wanda Jackson and a few new ones that may cause obsessions Bill Riley and His Little Green Men, or The Collins Kids for instance.
When I was in Jr. high and high school (alright and admittedly now) I wanted nothing more than to be in a Ska band and as I got older I wanted to be in a Rockabilly band. Unfortunately spending time and money to sound like Julie Andrews wasn't going to get me closer to that dream, and it felt like the more training I had the further away I got from the sound I wanted.
Part of this process is going to be able to find a way to make my character rip as I had talked about before, but more importantly I want to be able to let go of the musical-y side of me and let my voice rip. I need to be able to growl out a line like Kim Lenz , and I know somewhere in me I can do that. It's going to take banishing  judgmental  Sarah:

God She is such a bitch, not to mention Ye who judges should probs not sip on Ol'Fashion Bud.

And allowing the " I don't give a fuck!" Porter in:


Not a single fuck was given by that pig. Ever.

It's there and I know it. I plan to coax it out slowly, like it's a feral kitty hiding under the bed.

On a total sidebar:
I had the revelation today that the Biebs had yoinked Run Around Sue. I know that I should be sad, but at the same time he has earned millions for his ability to follow the earliest form of musical marketing and lack his lack of chest hair. I suppose he gets a tip of the hat from myself. (Apologies for being wicked late on this revelation too)

I've also recently discovered my exciting new laptop with its camera and editing software. Meaning: Prepare ye the way of Vlog!

No comments:

Post a Comment