Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Well I had no idea....

Apparently I already had a blog, apparently I was lying to myself and trying to make it about football. We all know that isn't going to work.
Today was the very first rehearsal for "Crybaby", which I am wicked stoked about. (obviously more stoked than I was for football.)
I have to admit something:
I have been a bad actor.
Not bad in the sense that I stink at acting, actually that's on the contrary as two shows that I have been involved with this year have been showing up all over the STL critics lists (which way to go Newline and Straydog, I'm super stoked to have been a part of both of your companies, Keep up the awesome work!).
I have been a bad actor because I have had my script for quite some time and I haven't read it. Also on my instant netflix queue Crybaby has been showing up in my top picks (because apparently I love Camp, music and motorcycle jackets.)  There hasn't been any reason for me to not watch it except for the good old fashioned, I have to do it so I don't wanna. Tonight after the first awesomely difficult music rehearsal I sat down in my comfy pants under a zebra print blanket  with marabou trim (mink stole would be proud) and watched away, here is what I've learned:

1) There really isn't anything hotter than Tracy Lords skanky ass in that movie.
2) What disorder does Iggy Pop have to make him so rippled, my BF is that skinny but good god damn.
3) children in my opinion never add to anything, except the two children in this, they are fucking adorable.
4) pencil skirts and leather jackets will always be the shit, It's a look I am proud to rock
5) John Waters, can I live in your kitschy basement?
6) Fuck the bunny hop, those "good" kids are the shittiest people I have ever seen.
7) I'm going to need to work my ass off to be any where near as heinous as Kim McGuire
8) What do I need to do to grow up and be Ramona Rickettes?
9) "Good" kids are terrible at chicken.
10)"Hey Mr. Jailer" is the hottest song I have EVER seen in a movie musical, ever. Like I may have to excuse myself from writing for a moment, because I'm thinking about it.

Now to get down to business of rehearsal, I am ready to make this musical my bitch.
Hand me my switchblade.

No comments:

Post a Comment